My Daughter, Isabelle, just turned 5, she has been such a beautiful blessing in our life. I have talked about her story before we got her official diagnosis Here, and after Here. I have also talked about this sickness and my thoughts on it, here, and here.
I wanted to share with you a very similar story, that did not end as well as my daughters story ended. Sebanna's story on shotbyshot.org. This time of year always reminds of how sick my daughter was and how thankful I am to have her with us today, this story came out just a couple short weeks before my daughter was admitted to the hospital. This post is the day we took her by ambulance to the hospital 5 years ago.
Pertussis is a very real and very scary sickness that was almost completely eradicated in the United States because of vaccines. I, like many moms, had my doubts about how safe vaccines really were to our young ones, that is, until my daughter contracted pertussis. More and more infants are dieing from this disease each and every year, the reason, not enough children (and adults) are getting vaccinated.
All I ask is that each mom weigh the risks and the benefits, is losing your child to a disease that you could have prevented something that you could live with for the rest of your life?
No comments:
Post a Comment