
Here is how my night went..
Bed at 10pm- Stomach cramps so bad I can't sleep. midnight: Philip wakes crying. I rub his back and get to doze back off.
12:30- Philip wakes again and asks if he can "lay in bed wif you"
1:30- After having tossed and turned and sat up and laid down next to me in bed, Philip throws up, thankfully heard it coming and grabbed a towel just in time.
2:00- after thinking it was a fluke, I tried to put Philip back in bed because I was so tired and was not sleeping with him turning around in circles all night, He threw up again as soon as I put him in his bed.
2:15- after cleaning up the best I could in the dark, brought Philip ack up, made a little bed on the floor next to me and laif towels all around.
Then until about 4am- Philip throws up several more times =(
5am- 1 of the older children comes up and says they wet the bed and have no more pjs, go change sheets, find pjs in the dryer, head back upstairs and try to sleep. My stomach is cramping again, so I don't fall asleep for awhile, I must have fallen asleep at some point because next thing I know it's 6:45 and Daniel is awake.
I think I might be tired, but I'm not sure because I can't think. Adam made everyone breakfast, made me coffee and then the kids relaxed on the couch and I tried to take a nap. I didn't really sleep, but I felt better after, and was able to make some eggs, bacon and toast for myself when I got up. Daniel was asleep on Adam when I woke up and I was really praying that this wasn't going to be a long and exhausting weekend of sick ones!!!
So, knowing I hardly slept a wink and still has to at least have a plan for dinner, Adam was going to be doing the cooking, I had to really be on top of things with my tiredness to be sure we would still have good, healthy meals at lunch and dinner even when I could hardly think. I am learning to do better about this and have decided to make a 5 day lunch and dinner schedule for my grocery shopping this week (probably tomorrow since I can't really think much right now). Then I can double each of those recipes and have leftovers for a couple lunches and a couple dinners each week. I am hoping that makes my week go smoother by doing a little planning ahead.
Since I have my urology appointment on Monday, Adam took the day off, so I may even be able to sneak in grocery shopping that day with no children, how sweet does that sound?!
Lunch was an interesting arrangement of food, again. Some leftover ham, fruits and veggies. The kids ate pretty much everything and then some. They still eat more than the average child I think. But, if I have them drink a large cup of water and sit 5-10 minutes they usually realize they are full.
We drove out to a farm that the kids and I have been to twice before. They do hay rides, corn maze and sell pumpkins in the fall. But the rest of the year they are a dairy, beef, eggs and a few other things farm. On the hay ride tour they drive you through their pregnant and nursing cows field and let you feed them. It is tons of fun. But the rest of the year they sell that milk, raw (for pet consumption, since it is illegal in our state to sell it for human consumption), beef, pork, cheese, and all sorts of other things. All their animals are grass fed, and we knew that grass fed had a very different taste and texture, so we decided to try some before going all in. Adam got a couple different steaks, a some pork for dinner.
After this trip I got a burst of energy that lasted me the rest of the day. So that was nice.
| The meat before grilling |
| The meat after grilling |
| Dinner |
No comments:
Post a Comment