Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 27: Back to the grind

I woke feeling much better. Almost back to normal, which was great for me! Adam took very good care of me, and everyone else, while I was not feeling well this weekend. But I sure was glad to be able to tell him he can go to work, that I would be able to take care of everything today. He did want me to try to take it easy, just to be sure I was really better.

This weeks project is to research, quick, super easy but healthy and whole meals for time like these when I am sick and Adam has tons to do and cooking is not on either one of our minds. Maybe something we can make and freeze and keep ready to through in a crockpot or an oven without even having to thaw it. I am tired of feeling defeated becaue I feel like the only way I can feed my kids (and fill them up) is to have something delivered or gran fast food because i just can't getup for an hour and half to make something. I saw this  last week, and now I think I am going to add some of the ingredients to this wonderful idea to this weeks grocery list.

Doctors office called back last night and scheduled my CT for Thursday morning. Hopefully I get some answers.

All the kids have stuffy noses and coughs, but it doesn't seem to be slowing them down too much, I am so ready for some official spring weather to here so we don't have to have colds all the time!!!!

Kids had oatmeal and granola for breakfast. I am out of eggs, I want to try to do eggs at least 3 times a week starting this week.

Lunch was popcorn, mango, oranges, carrots, almonds, small handful of dried fruit and a couple triscuits.  Everyone ate pretty well. I just had a little fruit and veggies for my lunch. wasn't terribly hungry, but knew i needed to eat something. I wanted to make myself another radish juice concoction, but I didn't really feel like cleaning the entire juicer for 1 glass of juice, so I decided to wait until Adam made his at the same time tonight. I also want to try, at the same time, to find a mixed veggie juice that the kids actually like so they also can get some juiced vegetables, but enjoy drinking it. They haven't been fans of the crazy mixes Adam has been doing, but since I am really liking mine, I think we can come up with something kids really like.

I emptied the dishwasher after lunch so that I could keep up with dishes today. Adam didn't want me doing too much so I wouldn't start feeling bad again. I didn't think dishes would make me feel bad. But my abdominal pain is back and my urine is back to dark (it had gotten back to lighter last night). Husbands orders are to sit. thankfully 2 little boys took a nap so I didn't have to keep up with them!

Dinner was turkey, Squash and leftover Quinoa Salad. The kids ate well, but still did not like the Quinoa. What can you do?

We made juice. Adam made a fun one for the kids with a little extra fruit to make it sweet. But it also had spinach, carrots and celery in it. He made my radish juice, and then made his juice for tonight and tomorrow. Juicing fresh veggies is a great way to get the nutrients out of the vegetables that are hard for your body to get when eating them raw. 
I started feeling slightly better this evening. Hoping it stays that way until my CT!

1 comment:

Blessed Momma said...

Sounds like a good idea to have easy meals or frozen meals for times you don't feel well or are really busy. Juicing sounds so healthy, what kind of juicer do you have?