Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 11: Whole Foods Diet


I got a full nights sleep. Philip slept on the floor next to me, and thankfully slept all night and no one else needed Mommy until about 6:45am, which is really wake time anyway. Philip still has a fever, and I have a feeling Daniel and Addison are showing the first little signs of having the same bug, so not church, AGAIN. I miss it. I love church. I hate having to miss it!

Our "cheat" day is just around the corner. We decided we would keep our "tradition" of eating krystal for Valentines dinner. After having purchased a coffee a couple days ago from starbucks, and almost choking on the sweetness, I don't think I am going to enjoy the "cheat" day as much as the kids. It will be very interesting to see what they think.

I made whole wheat pancakes for breakfast this morning, plus a couple kids had an apple, and Daniel had a peach. I made a double batch this time and they ALL got eaten, I guess if I want leftovers I am going to have to make a quadruple batch...that's life with a lot of mouths. =)

I used up the last of the milk for the pancakes and totally forgot that I hadn't made my coffee yet, I guess it's just agave nectar for me today!

I was feeling really good today. Which was a nice change. It's weird because I thought we were suppose to be healthier on this diet, but we seem to be sick a lot lately. I am sure being winter, and my thyroid getting worse every day has something to do with it though. Anyhow, I got granola made, a double batch of whole wheat tortillas for a recipe this week and the rest for another time made, and a menu planned out for the rest of the week, with a grocery list. Plus, a got caught up on some needed cleaning and laundry...all while Adam went and scouted out a property to go squirrel hunting with a friend sometime!

Lunch was small and easy since we still have sick kids, and more are dropping. A few cutup fruits and crackers and they all seemed satisfied.

Yesterday, Adam and I were able to get a little bit of our garden cleared and bought some lettuce plants. We need to add some soil to all our beds, once we have everything ready, but before we plant anything, I will post a picture. I love our garden and I have a feeling I am going to love it even more with our new healthy eating lifestyle.

Today we have another one with the stomach bug. I decided to hold off on fancy, expensive foods for tonight, since almost everyone's tummy is upset, and pull out the frozen chicken noodle soup from a couple months ago. It is not totally "whole" it uses egg noodles and not whole grain, as well as boxed chicken broth. But the chicken and all the veggies are good and it just feels good to have chicken noodle soup on a thunder-stormy day when everyone's not feeling good.

Hopefully more of the kids will be feeling better tomorrow. I have my appointment in the morning, so I hope I don't have to leave too many sick kids behind with him, it is tiring work!

No comments: