Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 7: Whole Foods Diet


In my quest for answers, I have yet to come across anyone who finds out that their thyroid is going to stop functioning properly at some point, but was able to reverse the effects of that process before ever going on medication. If you are someone who has been through this, and has an idea, please feel free to let me know. I friend and reader messaged me on facebook yesterday (thank you, you know who you are) telling me that she has thyroid issues and has had trouble finding the right dose of medication for her, finally 6 months ago the doctor told her to go off all grains and low and behold, she has been on the same dose and feels better. Although I am going to hold out on cutting them out for one more round of tests (celiac disease, just to be sure I don't have it), I do plan to try it. She had several other ideas that I did not know about. I have a lot of research to do!!

I was feeling pretty crummy last night. Stomach cramps, sinus pressure, headache, lots of joint pain and aches and pains in general. I didn't sleep well last night and neither did Daniel, until I gave him some tylenol, that tooth is not feeling well, poor buddy, I woke feeling like I might be coming down with a cold. I tried to sleep in, instead of getting up with Adam to see him off to work and make us coffee, I did sleep a bit, but it didn't make me feel any better. A few weeks ago I felt almost exactly the same way minus the stomach cramping. During my research I had read that joint pain CAN be a symptom of thyroid disease. I don't know if mine is related or if I am coming down with something. But last time, I never had a fever and after 36 hours all the symptoms were totally gone and no one else ever got sick. That day is what triggered me to make another appointment to check my thyroid again, just to be sure all was still normal. I am glad I did.

The kids woke up ready to eat. They got to choose between granola and oatmeal again and everyone ate everything.

I took it easy, we tried to get some school done, but my head and body was hurting so badly I couldn't read well. So I think we will just have to do a make up day.

Lunch- I made peanut butter and jam sandwiches with all natural peanut butter and homemade jam on homemade whole wheat bread. I feel a little like Martha Stewart after that sentence. carrot sticks, cucumber slices, strawberries, pears(from our farmers market basket), a handful of nuts and some cheese slices. Everyone ate very well except for Philip, he is still not a huge fine of raw veggies, although he really loves salad, so he always devours that. I hope he will come around with the veggies though.

We spent alot of our afternoon outside enjoying some much needed Vitamin D. I love our wooden swing that sits right in line to soak up the maximum amount of sun. It was particularly warm today!

Once we were all sweaty from so great time outside. I made smoothies for a little pick me up.

Dinner was tacos on whole corn shells, salad and pinto beans. We grate our own cheese since the shredded stuff has added ingredients that we just don't need to be putting in our bodies. I also buy white blocked cheese from the "gourmet" cheese section at our grocery store (turns out "gourmet," for the most part, means, real)

No comments: