Our little organism of a family has decided that the sum of our food is going to be real food, not man made, not processed beyond recognition, not lacking in nutrients. If their are ingredients on the list of a package that have words I cannot pronounce and have never heard of, it is NOT real. The few the ingredients, and ones I can read and go by myself if I wanted, the better.
Now that I have that cleared up. Today is Sunday, a day to worship the Lord, spend time together as a family and get lifted up and rejuvenated for another week. Unfortunately, Daniel woke up with a slight fever and a bad runny nose (at 6am). Since we have 1 child in every class at our church, we spread germs quite quickly, so I opted to keep the kids home just in case we are starting to catch something (prayerfully not though)
Breakfast was going to be eggs and toast and the like, but, with waking up so early with Daniel I decided another day of oatmeal and granola was in order. Philip tried the granola with Almond milk this time and LOVED it, so that made me happy. He has been refusing to try it up until now, so we are making progress.
I made another shopping trip. Mainly getting some things for our super bowl "party" tonight. By party, we mean yummy food and watching football teams we never watch the rest of the year with just our family.
We had whole grain bread grilled cheese sandwiches with nuts, fruit, applesauce and corn chips for lunch. Everyone ate well, and enjoyed their meal. It was more of a meal they are used to having, so that helped!
For dinner, we were partying, so of course we needed party food. I decided to make whole wheat pizza, I found the crust recipe on 100daysofwholefood.com and made it early so it had a chance to "rise" in the fridge. The kids each got their own personal pizza that they put toppings on. I made pesto as an alternative to sauce if people wanted it. Adam made corn chip nachos that were delicious and we had popcorn, of course.
| the kids pizzas. they all looked very good! they did a great job making their pizzas! |
| Adam and I's pizza. My side was pesto, tomato, spinach and blue cheese. yum. Adam's was a little of everything! |
| Enjoying their pizzas while they watch FOOTBALL! (the dogs look on...hopeful for some leftovers) |
| Nachos, not much was left at the end of the evening! |
The pizza was AMAZING, way better than we thought it would be. The little kids ended up in the playroom shortly after the food was all gone, or they were full, which ever came first. The big boys stuck around for awhile trying to get into it and learn what they could about football. Considering they only watch football once a year, they have alot of questions about all those "rules." Addison says soccer is better, and has alot less rules!
No comments:
Post a Comment