Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 29: Dr. Oz

I don't usually watch Dr. Oz, I don't really watch much daytime tv at all. I am more of a reality tv gal, and my husband and I watch shows on netflix in the evenings. But I happen to see a commercial while watching the news one morning that a guest would be "sharing a secret the food industry does not want us to know." So I quickly found the program on my tivo and recorded it. Adam fell asleep early last night, he's had a headache for a couple days, so I decided this would be a good time to watch it. I was so excited to see this kind of news on this program. A LOT of people watch Dr. Oz. Moms, who have young kids, watch this show. The secret...

Food industries KNOW that they are keeping you, the people who eat their processed foods, addicted to salts, fats and sugars and that it is causing obesity and health issues in everyone, including kids, and they don't plan to stop. I was just so glad that this secret was on a big tv show. More people need to hear how the food industry is tricking you into terrible health!

He also talked about how the FDA allows companies to "round down" on the nutrition label. So things that say 0 trans fat, actually has trans fat, but it is less than half a gram per serving. he told his audience they HAVE to read ingredient labels to really know what they are getting. I was just all over this daytime tv show! Thanks, Dr. Oz for that great show!

I had my CT scan early this morning. Adam helped me load the kids up before he headed off to work and I took them to my sister-in-laws where she had made some banana bread and muffins for breakfast! The scan itself was super quick and nothing to it. They took a scan of my abdomen with out dye and then with dye! Hopefully I will hear from a doc with results soon. Very shortly after I got home from picking the kids up I got a call from my regular doctor who said my urine culture came back and I definitely never had an infection. Fever, body aches, stomach and back pains, hardly being able to move...sounds a lot like an infection to me, but nope, nothing! So I am glad I got the CT, hopefully it will answer some questions!

I made sandwiches, fruits and veggies for lunch. Something easy since we got home kinda late and still had school to finish up.

For some reason vaccines have been coming up a lot on social media. It reminded me that I am WAY behind on taking kids to checkups, so I got 4 out of 5 scheduled for next week! Should be a fun week! But well worth it. Thankfully I think only 2 need vaccines!

Dinner was spaghetti, I have been trying really hard not to do too much pasta, but now we have had it 2 nights in a row. Oh well! The kids love Spaghetti so it was a hit. I used Venison as the meat in the sauce, whole wheat pasta and they all had a fruit as well!

Adam made juice again. I changed things up a tiny bit this time around. I had him add a small handful of spinach and 1 extra radish. It wasn't quite as good as no spinach and extra radish, but it was healthier and it wasn't so different that I wouldn't do it again!

I have an appointment with my urologist tomorrow, not sure all of what I am doing it, but I know that he is going to look over my CT images and hopefully give me some feedback!

No comments: