Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 13: On the mend and grocery shopping


 We are on the mend today, thank goodness! Man, that was a rough virus! My house is a disaster, dishes are piled up, clothes and towels are needing washed from all the sickness around here!

I made everyone granola (we were out of milk, but I got milk as the kids drinks at Chik-fil-a and saved it for this morning, "Addison noticed and said, why is this milk different? I don't like it!") for everyone. Most of the kids tummy's are still recovering so they really didn't eat much.

Adam was the last to get sick yesterday so he was still recovering this morning and sleeping it off. I was able to get a bunch of laundry cleaned, get my dishes and kitchen back to normal and sanitize all the doorknobs and light switches.

I also needed to make a grocery run today, we are out of flour, which is how I make a lot of my meals. I had no more milk and I had a meal schedule for the week I needed to shop for. I was hoping I could go alone, so I waited as long as possible (although i really needed to go before lunch) for Adam to wake up on his own. He did, thankfully, and I was able to go with just Daniel, since he is the hardest to keep up with at home, which always gets me done faster!

Lunch was apple sandwhiches. Apple slices (core taken out) with peanut butter and raisins inside. The kids loved them, but I got an apple corer for next time...it would have been much easier if we had had one. They also had carrots, broccoli and nuts 

Dinner was tacos on my homemade whole wheat tortillas. They were good, although Adam and I were not able to eat much as our tummy's are still recovering. The kids liked it, and besides Philip, who seems like he may be getting sick again, everyone ate quite well.


No comments: