Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 15: Valentines Day



HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Today is a day that we can express our love to our family even more than we usually do. I love my family everyday, but today is a day we can go overboard and shower each of our family members with the love that we have for them everyday. We have several Valentine's traditions. 1, I make heart-shaped pancakes for the kids, they love them, they feel special, they feel loved! Just that tiny little act of going all out first thing in the morning. Of course it was whole wheat pancakes this year and I cut strawberries into heart shapes to add to the plate! They are cherished, they are loved and I wanted them to know it!
2. we go to Krystal for dinner.

Our heart shaped breakfast!
Today I had some catching up to do. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to yesterday, so I can't slack off today. We have family coming over for dinner tomorrow night and I am helping host a shower for our very first niece (we have 3 nephews). So I have some things to do today to get ready for that. As well as a couple grocery items I need to pick up for both events! 

Lunch was apple sandwiches, dried fruit, fresh veggies and nuts. The kids didn't seem too hungry, I think they ate a little too much breakfast! I made myself a Caprese Salad Sandwich and it was REALLY good!

Dinner was our yearly tradition, Krystal. I have to say I was hoping the kids would not like it, that it would taste gross, but they loved it and ate more than then should have. However, almost immediately everyone had gas, bad gas. Adam had to use the bathroom right away and continued through the night.


I am writing this the next day, so I am going to write about the rest of the night, which was not fun! Adam still had to use the bathroom throughout the night, my stomach was gargley and crampy and I was gassy most of the rest of the night. Philip woke up at about 1:30am with severe bloating and his stomach was as hard as a rock and he was having trouble catching his breath. It scared me a lot. I woke Adam and called 911. They arrived and said that they could hear some serious gas in his belly and that if he can pass it or have a good BM he would feel better. After the ambulance left I told Philip the Doctor said he needed to have a good poop and he would feel better. So he did, and he sure did feel better. It was pretty gross and it happened a couple times in the night as well as a lot of gas. His tummy bloating came down each time he passed anything. Then, about 4:30am, Daniel wakes with a full diaper and again at 6:30am. Addison came up 4 times from about 5-7am to use the bathroom and said that he keeps burping and it tastes gross. We will not be eating Krystal ever again. I do not know if this incident was due to not being fully recovered from our bug and eating bad food. Just eating bad food. Or just not being ready after our bad bug. But I am certain this is not a bug and it had something to do with the food, whatever caused it, we will not be risking it again!

Thank you to the fire department and the paramedics for their wonderful service. We appreciate you very much. 

No comments: