Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 28: Wegetarian Wednesday

Adam doesn't really like to go with the flow of what others are doing. He is a leader. So, instead of meatless Monday, we (Adam said I wanted to implement a meatless day I had 2 choices, I chose this one) are doing Wegetarian Wednesday. I think it has a nice ring to it. What do you think?

Tomorrow is my CT scan early in the morning so I will be packing some clothes, food and other items today to bring to my wonderful sister-in-laws house who has 3 of her own children and always willingly keeps our 5, they love going over to their house

So for breakfast, the usual! I have different plans for tomorrow however!

We did our grocery shopping today, finally, I had planned to go Sunday or Monday so we were out of quite a bit! I overspent this week...I probably shouldn't even say by how much...yikes! going to have to do better next week. But I did get ingredients for some freezer meals that we will not be eating this week and will save for days when I am not going to be able to cook, so that made it a little more too.

Lunch was bean and cheese burritos, plums, oranges and carrots. Kids all ate very well.

Yesterday I talked a bit about juicing. I am going to share this picture of our juicer for you and my favorite recipe so far, it makes about 1 glass worth and it is definitely best to drink right away. Fresh, homemade juice does not last long in the fridge.
3 radishes
about 10 baby carrots, or 1 large carrot
1 quarter of a cucumber
1 apple

We have an Omega Juicer, but really any juicer will work!
 I had a chance to put together one of my recipes for freezing and using in the crock pot at a later date. This one is BBQ Chicken and i got the recipe from 100 days of real food, but tweaked it slightly. This made 3 dinners worth. That's three days I won't have to worry about whats for dinner! Yay!


 Dinner was quite the elaborate meal today. Since it's Wegetarian Wednesday, I saved my butternut squash raviolis, that I didn't make last week, for today. I learned 2 things in the process of making these. 1. I really need a pasta maker, or pasta press, or whatever you call the machine that flattens the pasta for you, and 2. (which I really already knew, but was reminded of, and didn't have my husband around to take over this time) that Butternut Squash is SO heard to half. My goodness!

The kids didn't really like it. They have never liked butternut squash, but I love it! We may try it again when I have a pasta maker so we can get the dough thinner, Adam and I rolled and rolled, but it just didn't get thing enough! The insides were DELICIOUS! Although, again, I love butternut Squash!





No comments: