Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 17, 18 and 19: I have some catching up to do


It's been a big weekend for us.I have gotten a big behind on my blogging.

Everyone finally is back to normal, appetites are all back (not sure if that is a good thing for a bad thing, my kids sure do eat a lot), kids feel normal and we are all getting sleep around here.

The food has been going well. The usual for breakfast and whatever we can find for lunch. We had pb&j a couple days mostly to help the kids get their appetites back and have food we knew they would like. It was on whole wheat bread, all natural peanut butter and homemade jelly. Of course with fruits and veggies to go with it.

I had a baby shower on Sunday that I was helping host. I ended up having a piece of leftover pizza at my in-laws house before the shower started since I had not eaten anything all day.The shower was wonderful, so many great family and friends showed up to bless this new baby girl with gifts. I was able to show my sister-in-law the knitting project for her little girl I have been working on, so I can finally show it here. It won't be finished until she is born, but I wanted her to see it at her shower. While I was gone, Adam had the 4 boys (I took Isabelle with me) and had dinner ready when I arrived home. It was chicken wings, but he had made homemade sauces for all of them and it was delicious. He also made baked potatoes and corn to go with it. It was a delicious meal.
Baby blanket for my very first niece!

Monday I had a morning doctor appointment so Adam had all the kids again while I rushed out early. I didn't find a whole lot out, but I will be having an x-ray on Thursday to see if I have a "silent kidney stone." The doc did say I do still have blood in my urine, but I was not surprised be that. When I got home we decided to use one of the 3 gift cards my mom and dad had sent for the kids for valentines day. IHOP, it doesn't really go with our diet, but Adam and I tried to pick egg meals that fit better with the diet. The kids, however, did not! But they really enjoyed their lunch!

Adam has also been trying to only eat 1 meal per day this weekend and have vegetable juice for the other meals. I think for the rest of the week he is going to have 2 meals a day and vegetable juice for breakfast. I am proud of him for doing it, I know I would never be able to only eat 1 meal a day! =)

Hopefully I can do a better job the rest of the month keeping up with our first 30 days. I will say, Adam and I are really starting to enjoy the food that is actually meant to be food and our time in the kitchen together, cooking and cleaning (of course he has been home a WHOLE lot lately). He loves making up meals, where I like to follow directions. It has made for some neat times. I make something and follow directions, then the next time we make it, Adam changes it to fit our liking. =) Once we start perfecting our own meals I will try to add some recipes for others to try.



No comments: