I have learned alot in my very short adventure. One of the many things I'm learning is that it doesn't take much to make sure your kids get a truly balanced diet. They don't need to eat A LOT of food, I know many moms out their with kids who pick a few bites here and there and then are "full." But as long as you are offering healthy foods, than the amount doesn't really matter all that much. As long as I am offering a fruit, a veggie, a dairy(milk or something else like cheese or yogurt) and a protein (which does not need to be meat, I have learned), my kids will get the healthy foods their bodies need.
I can only blame myself for my pickiest eaters behavior. I catered to them when they were young and they have learned to not like foods because of it. Although, alot of foods that I didn't like growing up, I like now. My husband, thankfully, loves all kinds of food, including a wide variety of veggies, he cooks them and forces me to try a bite and it turns out I really like it. If I'm picky, my kids will pick up on that. If I'm not willing to try new things, my kids will pick up on that. If I make faces at foods, my kids will pick up on that. I have tried to be more open minded when it comes to trying new and interesting foods. I would say my kids ate pretty well compared to many kids, but certainly not as well I would like!
I slept SO well last night, no one woke up last night and I got a full nights sleep. I don't feel myself, I still have a stuffy nose and feel under the weather. But I feel tons better after a great nights sleep.
We had granola and oatmeal for breakfast. Since I am still not feeling well I couldn't bring myself to make anything new this morning. Maybe tomorrow.
I realized today that I am SWIMMING in fruits and veggies, I think I went a little overboard on it this week. I guess I better start cutting and freezing before it all goes bad. As I was realizing I was swimming in fruits and veggies, I also noticed we had a lot of leftovers from dinner the last 3 or 4 days, so lunch was leftovers along with yogurt(with fresh strawberries in it) and fresh fruits and veggies...since I'm swimming in them!
Then, Adam and I got a bunch of apples, pears, strawberries, bananas and mangoes in our 2 dehydrator. Even after filling 2 dehydrators we are still swimming in fruits and veggies, but we are at least at the shallow end now.
Dinner was ham, salad, corn chips, pineapples and strawberries. We had to improvise tonight because we spent a huge majority of the afternoon at jumpits with my homeschool co-op friends and didn't get home until right at dinner time, and I did not plan ahead, so I happened to have some ham in the fridge and we threw together what we could!
No comments:
Post a Comment