Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 3: Have the Husband home

Aw, Saturday, the start of a weekend, a day my husband can stay home with the family and we can relax and enjoy each others company. I love Saturday.

We had a good start to the day. Adam helped me fix all the breakfasts, asking what we had been eating and the things we liked and didn't like. The kids got to choose between granola and oatmeal. We sweetened the oatmeal with maple and cinnamon this time and it didn't seem to effect how much they ate. Adam tried some of my homemade granola, with almond milk, and really liked it.

We started some whole wheat bread pretty shortly after so we could have some homemade bread with our Lunch. Which were egg salad sandwiches(with fresh green onions from our garden. yum) and were delicious with that warm, whole-wheat bread. I added some fresh fruits, veggies and nuts to each plate as well. Most of the kids really liked it, although this was their very first time EVER having egg salad sandwiches. I have been very proud of them for trying all these new things and keeping an open mind.
All the bread ingredients in the machine.

Egg salad sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread. Yum.
We tried cinnamon raisin bread in the bread machine as well, but it didn't turn out so well....

We made juice with a medley of greens and fruits for our dinner; oranges, apples, pears, celery, spinach, strawberries and carrots. We like mixed juice we have found, and this one did not disappoint. Another delicious dinner of pork, asparagus, baked potatoes and salad ended our day perfectly.


I am beginning to enjoy meal prep today, maybe that had to do with the fact that I had another grown up in the house with me to keep the kids occupied so I could actually get something done, or maybe I am learning to like to cook, we will see on Monday how I feel.




No comments: