In my quest to find compete health. I am learning alot. I have been reading several blogs on whole food eating, the benefits, the downfalls and the ins and outs of how to make it all work. So far, I only know 1 other family large like mine (larger actually) that eats whole foods and does so successfully. I get encouragement knowing that others are successfully feeding their families only nutrient rich foods and not worrying about how much of each "food group" they are eating. Today, I read this blog on the benefits of protein and how much we really need. It is eye opening how much I am learning during this process. Although I don't think my family will ever cut out meat all together, I don't feel quite so guilty now that I am not giving them meat with lunch. Protein is in so many things and as long as I am giving my kids (and myself and my husband) a wide variety of foods, they WILL get all that they need to take care of the one earthly body their Heavenly Father gave them.
We started our morning out with more granola and oatmeal, the kids are ready for a change. I hope to have time to make banana pancakes for tomorrow mornings breakfast. something different for the kids palates, but that sounds just as delicious. I made myself some scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast because I too needed something different, so I don't blame them for feeling the same way!
In between school lessons today I was able to get more granola made. Even though we aren't eating it tomorrow, I had a spare few minutes to get some more made for when we need it!
Lunch was apples and peanut butter, leftover pizza, oranges, celery, veggie chips, nuts and salad. Kind of a buffet if you will. Creativity is the key. Sandwiches and fruit are a thing of the past...lunch can be "weird" but still healthy.
Mondays are always busy, Isabelle has dance in the afternoon and Addison and James have play rehearsal. Each end at the exact same time. We don't do a whole lot of extra curricular activities, but these 2 just happen to be on the same day and time each week. The play will be over in a month, so I won't have so much running around to do after that. But this makes for monday diner planning craziness, especially when I am not prepared, like today.
Dinner was breakfast. Adam was out late tonight and the kids love eggs and bacon and hashbrowns, so they thoroughly enjoyed it. I added orange slices and nuts to their plate as well. I am realizing that cutting out real milk I need to start adding either a yogurt or a cheese to a meal or 2 a day. I will have to remember that tomorrow.
Tomorrow, we try something new, I am going to have to wake a few extra minutes to get started on the pancakes! (and I will add yogurt on the side ;) )
No comments:
Post a Comment