Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 21: Whole Foods Diet

Well, I forgot to put oatmeal in the crockpot, which I knew I would do, one of these days I will remember! We had oatmeal and the last of the granola instead. I need to make more today, although tomorrows breakfast is suppose to be omelets and fruit and yogurt, I should still have some granola on hand. It's so quick and easy to make.

I made some more hummus for our lunch today. Lettuce wraps. I didn't really have a plan, so I just winged it. I knew I wanted hummus on lettuce, I had grilled up some extra chicken last night when I was making chicken for chicken enchiladas, so I added a slice of chicken, hummus and some thinly sliced cucumbers to each leaf of lettuce. Besides me, James was really the only one that liked the lettuce wraps. so that was a bust! I guess we won't be doing that one again! I also put a small amount of leftover enchilada, carrots and plum slices on each plate.

For dinner I made a very beautiful (if I do say so myself) Cobb Salad. I didn't want anyone to eat it because I had worked so long and hard to make it look pretty. Adam walked in just as I was taking the picture for the blog and was quite impressed. I know that our family can do an all salad meal because 3 out of 4 of the big kids, plus Adam and I, LOVE salad. Daniel likes pretty much all the salad toppings. Addison, not a salad fan, but he did a great job and ate what he needed to eat in order to pick a fruit to have ( I believe he chose an apple). The salad was topped with eggs, tomatoes, pears and bacon. They could choose a dressing. We have been finishing off the dressings we had the fridge before I start making my own. We ran out of ranch awhile ago and I have learned to make my own ranch. We topped everyone's salad with a cheese of their choice (most of them chose Parmesan). I also had orange slices to go with the salad and everyone could pick a fruit to eat once the salad was finished...which it did get finished.

Delicious Cobb Salad

Cobb Salad devoured.

It was a delicious dinner! Everyone, except Addison, enjoyed their lovely salad!

No comments: