Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 16: Whole Foods Diet


 After our crazy night last night, Adam and I are exhausted. We have about 24 people coming over to the house this evening for a dinner and we are excited to see out of town family! Somehow, we made it through the whole day without a nap!

Breakfast was the usual granola or oatmeal. I added coconut shreds to this batch and Addison REALLY doesn't like them, so he has been eating oatmeal. Isabelle is the only one eating the granola lately.

Lunch was a random assortment of fruits, veggies, cheese and triscuits, although the kids didn't each much, I think they were excited about dinner.

I went out to Carlton Farms. not far from where we live to pick up meat for dinner tonight, yesterday. I got a variety of meats including different porks and steaks, I went to the grocery store and picked up some organic chicken because the farm did not have any in stock and we also thawed out some Alaska Salmon that my dad had brought for us months ago.  With salad, asparagus and potatoes and rolls, dinner was a success. Everyone ate well, I think. They enjoyed the food, I hope and we had a great time hanging out with family. The weather stayed nice so the kids could play outside with new punch balls and jump ropes Aunt Tammy brought them! We are really blessed to be able to entertain and feed our family, most of all to have such great family to be around!


No comments: