Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 20: Whole Foods Diet


Bet you can't guess what we had for breakfast today?

Todays goal was grocery list, on a budget this time, and a meal schedule for the rest of the week. I am hoping to stick to a $150 budget each week for food items. Between Aldi and my couponing at Kroger and Publix, I think I can do it.

After school we hurried out the door to do our shopping so I could get back before lunch (a late lunch, but I didn't want to eat out). I am really hoping to not go shopping again until Sunday. I am going to have to stop running to the store everyday to get one or two things.

Let me preface what I'm about to say by saying first, I have never been very good at keeping a budget and I have never been very good at sticking to meal plans. I have always been good at trying to get a good deal, however. So here's to trying....

This week's menu plan

Tuesday
B-(you are guessing remember?)
L- fruit, veggies (with homemade dipping sauce), triscuits, cheese and yogurt
D- Chicken Enchilada

Wednesday
B- crockpot oatmeal (I had this on the schedule last week and didn't ever do it, because it requires me to remember to do it the night before)
L- Lettuce and hummus wraps (have not looked up a recipe yet, but I made hummus and plan to make some kind of wrap with lettuce)
D- Cobb Salad

Thursday
B- omelets with cheese and veggies, fruit and yogurt on the side
L- Sandwhiches, either egg salad or pb&j
D- Lasagna (venison meat and homemade cream of mushroom)

Friday
B- whole wheat pancakes
L- leftovers
D- tacos with the other half of whole wheat tortillas I froze a couple weeks ago

Saturday
B- oatmeal, granola
L- Quinoa salad
D- butternut squash raviolis (homemade, why not?!)

And, if you can possibly believe it. My first week of shopping (food only) was $142.44. Now I have to actually make it until Sunday, when I plan to shop again, without spending more than 7.66 cents on food!

Lunch was what it said above. Plus, leftover spaghetti from last night for kids who ate everything on there plate. It was late, because we did not get home from the grocery until about 1:30 and I still had to unload everything. So, if dinner runs a little late tonight the kids won't even notice!

I was finally able to get my entire kitchen cleaned up and back to normal today. It lasted all of about 10 minutes before I had to start making dinner. Chicken Enchilada. We have had it before, but I tweaked it this time to be better suited to fit our family. We also had salad. Everyone ate very well.

My farmers market basket friend called me. She knew I had forgotten to order this week and asked if I wanted an extra she had. I did. It was $18, so I am already over my weekly budget. Guess I will have to plan better for next week.

I forgot to put oatmeal in the crockpot, again.




No comments: